Saturday, April 25, 2009

Hair, Hair....Everywhere!

Elise loves having long hair...


Loves, loves, loves having long hair...

And her hair is just BEE-YOOO-TE-FUL! I just love it. Love running my fingers through it. Love looking at the various brown and reddish highlights. Just love it.

But about once a year, she gets tired of the morning struggles to de-tangle her hair. And, I think all of her sweat exits her body through her head, so it ends up a sweaty mess in hot weather. So, she'll decide suddenly to get it cut. Folks have tried to talk her into growing it to the required length for Locks of Love, but she has no interest in going through a summer with long hair. Maybe when she's older.

She'll tell the hairdresser EXACTLY how short she wants it and watches intently as it is cut. She never has any regrets.

And then she spends the next few days just flipping her new, shorter hair this way and that...

I think she likes her new 'do! :)

5 comments:

Karen said...

...Ooh la la! Love the new do-it is fabulous Elise!

Sandra said...

It's sassy and I love it!

C's Mom said...

Lookin' good!

Tammie said...

I wish I was as comfortable with my haircut decisions as Elise seems to be! I love her new sassy do!

Super Mommy said...

I love it! Jade is actually growing her hair for Locks of Love . . . she is at 8 inches now -2 more to go. I imagine by August hers will look like Elise's!