Saturday, May 10, 2008

Girly Girl

Let me start this post by saying that Elise told me that I could post the pictures on the blog. The kids specify nowadays when I take a picture if it's a picture allowed on the blog or not. Gotta love these days of technology. :)

Elise's 6th birthday is this week. She's ALL GIRL. A total girly-girl. Which just amazes me since I'm so NOT a girly-girl.

I took her to have her nails done today.

Now I have to stop and confess something here. I've had a few manicures and pedicures over the years. I've always had them done at spa-like places (some as gifts, some as my treat to myself). I enjoy them, don't get me wrong. But they've always cost $50+ for one or the other. Just not something I'm willing to do very often (come on, they are toes!)

My secretary enlightened me this week. There are nail places (not spas) that do only nails for very reasonable costs! Who knew?!? I feel like I'm just crawling out from under the rocsk! One such place is right next to my favorite grocery store (duh!).

So, I decided to venture into this world and took Elise today to have her nails done. My friend Sandra had taken her daughter recently and that got me thinking that Elise might like the experience.

SHE LOVED IT!



Another little girl came in right after us, so this must be a regular market. Elise picked out the colors and the lady just did the flowers (which Elise loves).

Why do I think we'll be stopping at this joint more often?!?

And my girly-girl has purdy nails for her birthday this week (certainly prettier than I could have done at home!)

4 comments:

Tammie said...

What beautiful fingers & toes! Erin gets her toes done every so often also. I started that this past year for her 5th birthday. It really is a nice treat.

RamblingMother said...

Yes she does have some purdy nails!! My mom uses the non-spa like nail places about once a week.
I know I would charge $50 for touching someone else's feet!!
Beverly

Anonymous said...

Lovely toes for a lovely girl :-)

Super Mommy said...

Love the creativity - different colors for different nails. My girls LOVE going to the salon with me too!