Monday, February 2, 2009

CNY in Elise's classrom


I went into Elise's classroom today to talk about Chinese New Year. I always enjoy talking with the kids' classes about CNY and China. Her 1st grade class today had some great questions! And Elise was so proud. She wore the dress I had made for her in China. It looked so huge when they made it (when she was only a year old!). It's the only Chinese dress that still fits. We'll have to hit Chinatown the next time we venture to Chicago to pick up a few bigger sizes.
-
And I would have gone to Carson's class as I've done in past years...but his teacher never responded to my offer (made twice). I'm going to send in the red envelopes with him tomorrow and hope he gets to share a little with the class. There is so much going on with his teacher that I won't go into here, but let me sum it up by saying I'm sooooo ready for the end of the school year. (Elise's teacher, on the other hand, comes pretty close to walking on water in my eyes!)

2 comments:

Tammie said...

You are very lucky that you can go into the kids' classrooms to talk about Chinese New Year. That isn't something we can really do down here. The feeling is that if they allow one, they have to allow all. Of course, to me, that's a great idea.

Vivian M said...

How wonderful that her teacher let you join the class to share about the Chinese New Year! Like Tammie, we are somewhat limited in what we can do here, but the teacher did discuss it a bit with the class and they made Chinese lanterns.