Friday, February 27, 2009

S-s-s-surgery?!?

That was so NOT the word I wanted to hear about my knee. I just about hyperventilated in the office thinking about it.

For those of you who kinda-sorta know me in any way, you know that I HATE anything having to do with needles. The thought just makes my skin crawl (I can feel my body reacting just typing that!) How I managed to go through 4 years of infertility treatments and hundreds of needle pricks is so beyond me. But I was never, ever, ever able to give myself a shot….I’d rather seek out a stranger on the street to shoot hormones into my butt rather than do that myself…the school nurse saw my butt more during that time than any other human should, poor thing!.

The doctor yesterday also felt the need to point out that I have “a lot of arthritis” in my knees. Thanks, Doc…want to point out the grey hair and wrinkles while we’re at it?!?

The worst part about the surgery is that I can’t drive for a week. Are you kidding me?!? My part time job is a taxi driver hauling my kids this way and that. That’s the beauty of my situation…my work, home and the kids’ schools are all within a 4 mile radius. My husband works in another state and his schedule doesn’t sync at all with the kids’ schedules. (The doctor did say his wife had the same surgery done and it was “hell on me” doing all that driving for her!)

Aarrggghhh…I’m not happy….and, darn it, my knee still hurts… I'm going to start telling people I hurt it while sky-diving, at least that sounds better than saying I just stood up and felt a tearing!

6 comments:

Vivian M said...

Oh no....hope you can work it out and recover quickly!

Karen said...

Ugh! If it must be surgery, we'll be praying for you- that it provides lasting remedy/relief and that your recovery is speedy! Keep us posted!

Tammie said...

I totally understand wanting to avoid the surgery. David has had 3 surgeries on his right leg/knee. He heals really well but even so hated not being able to do anything.

That said, have the darn surgery. You'll feel a heck of a lot better after.

Super Mommy said...

Surgery? - ugh! It sounds like a necessary evil though . . . or is there an alternative?

Vivian M said...

Stop by my blog when you get a chance, you have been tagged!

RamblingMother said...

Hope you recover quickly!!