Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Carson's room

OK, I'm finally posting some pictures of Carson's revamped room. Nothing fancy, we rearranged some furniture and slapped on a new coat of paint. I actually love the new color. It's a greyish blue. It went on asphalt grey and I was sure it was a huge mistake, but the blue came out as it dried.

The hammer in the wall picture from when Carson was at camp created this...

This was all dead space in Carson's closet and it had turned into the black hole of junk. With all the critters in his room, it was all getting way too crowded. Perry came up with the idea of using this dead space for some drawers and storage/display. It allowed us to move out his dresser, freeing up some floor space.
.
Carson really likes it. He has more room to spread out.
.
And he's been keeping it clean. Yes, I'm SHOCKED!


4 comments:

Karen said...

...Really really nice! LOVE the built-in shelves and drawers- what a great project-and what a great addition for Carson and his room. (Could you send your husband our way for a weekend of carpentry lessons for my husband?) ;)

PS like the paint color too!

Vivian M said...

Awesome looking room! I love the new space, what a great idea.

Super Mommy said...

Awesome job! I love the color too. I bet he loved it!

Tammie said...

Wow! I love what you did with Carson's room. The idea for the new storage/display area is fabulous.