Saturday, September 13, 2008

Soccer

It's that time of year...SOCCER!

As Perry usually has football games each Saturday, it's just me and the kiddos heading out to the soccer fields each Saturday. Fortunately this year, the games are mostly back to back, making our Saturday mornings MUCH easier!


Elise's game was first this morning. She originally wasn't going to play this fall. She played last year but decided she didn't want to play again this year.

But, at Carson's game last week, she ran into her old team and discovered that (a) the team has PINK shirts this year, (b) it is girls only this year and (c) her BFF Abby is on the team. My friend's husband is the coach and I mentioned to her that Elise was regretting not playing again this year. She told me they had a girl drop out and had an opening! Elise decided to do it again.



As usual, it takes her a while to warm up to new situations and would only going out on the field holding the coach's hand.

Or on the coach's shoulder (I'm so sorry Jeff for your aching back!!!)

She finally got somewhat close to the ball, but notice that she's still holding tight to Jeff's hand!


Phew, soccer is such an exhausting game!

We then headed over to Carson's game on another field.

He got a chance to play goalie, which is always a coveted position!

I lost count of the score of his game (something having to do with keeping his sister entertained!) but his game skills are really improving and he had a great game.

After the game, Elise wanted to use the camera while I packed up. Here's what I found when I uploaded the pictures...

Hair monster or mom? We had quite a bit of Ike-spawned wind all morning...lovely hair, isn't it?!?

This hairdo is even better. (I decided NOT to post the picture she took of me looking like I'm clearly irritated with someone!)

And my all time favorite self portrait by Elise...

Maybe I should hand over the camera to her more often!

We were going to head out and do some apple picking this afternoon but thunderstorms are moving into the area so we'll save that form another weekend.

6 comments:

Tammie said...

Awesome Elise! I know how hard it can be to go & try something new so I'm quite proud of you for going back to soccer. And you look quite pretty in that pink shirt!

Carson, you're looking like a great goalie! Keep up the great work!

Gretchen, you'd be amazed at the pics our girls can take. Erin is phenomenal with a camera. In fact, she's probably getting one for Chanukah. She bypassed her Fisher Price Kid Tough camera within months of getting it.

Vivian M said...

I love Elise's photographs!
How wonderful that both your kids are enjoying the same sport! Looks like you are officially a soccer Mom!

Dawn S. said...

Lovely self-portrait!! I love your hair in that one, too!

Karen said...

Too sweet - the pic of Elise on her coach's shoulders- what a great coach!

2 China 4 Addison said...

I love the pics of Elise....she is adorable in pink, and her on her coach's shoulders and holding his hand - they are precious!
I know how you feel watching Carson play, it definitely gets funner the older they get and the more they progress.
Yep, I'd say you are a soccer mom! :)

Gracie's Great Adventures said...

Go Elise! I'm sure she will be great this season - glad there was a spot available for her!

Hope Ike didn't beat you up too like he did Houston and Tina Turner!!