The Game Plan: Post 7 interesting things about myself and "tag" 7 others to do the same.
My 7 things (hopefully you won't be bored to tears by the end):
- I've lived in a very rural small town (pop 250), a big city (Chicago!) and several suburbs as an adult. Couldn't tell you which I liked best because they hit at such different stages of my life and were the perfect setting for each stage.
- I hate shots but went through 4 years of infertility treatments. The saying "That which does not kill you will only make you stronger" went through my head each and every time a needle jabbed into me. And during 4 years of infertility, there were lots and lots and lots of needles. I honestly surprised myself (and most of my family) for being able to do it for so long.
- I'm fairly outspoken but have a pretty low self-esteem. It's like a psychotic war in my head at times...SAY something...wait, what will they think of me for saying THAT...speak up....no, shut up!
- I dropped out of college my junior year and headed back home...800 miles away. Pretty spur of the moment decision....just decided I didn't want to be there anymore. NOT a popular decision with the folks! But, I went back after the semester off and still managed to graduate on time.
- I had to sign a pledge in college that I wouldn't drink (among other things) and I pretty routinely broke that pledge....that really didn't have anything to do with my decision to leave, though, honest!
- I'm 5'11" and never had any interest in playing basketball. My hubby is 6'8" and played basketball ALL through high school and college. Sadly, our bio son seems to have inherited my husband's height but my athletic interest...or lack thereof! Bummer!
- My husband HATES snow and didn't tell me until AFTER we were married. I grew up in upstate NY and LOVE snow. I think this is grounds for divorce, but after 16 years of marriage, I haven't quite gotten around to acting on that. :)
Now I get to tag 7 others to do the same:
Becky from Welcome Addison Grace Xin. Addison is from Elise's SWI and Becky and I recently discovered we attended the same college! How freaky is that?!? She has 2 beautiful bio kids along with Addison.
Sandra from My Daily Grind. Sandra's adoption blog is widely read. She's so honest and open about her feelings and experiences. I had the pleasure of getting to know Sandra back when she was waiting for Jazzie and we were waiting for Elise.
Tammie from On Being Erin's Mother. Sandra, Tammie and I were regulars back in the Feb. 02 Waiting Hearts group.
Vivian from Life with Kerri. I've gotten to know Vivian through Tammie and have loved "getting to know her" via her blog!
The Morris Family from Morris, Party of Four. Another Jianxin SWI blogger. I always love the music on her blog and her very thoughtful posts!
Pipo from VaChina Monologues. I "met" Pipo through Sandra and she's on the verge of receiving her referral from China! Love her humor and honesty!
Lisa from The Wellspring. Lisa and I were friends back in our single Chicago days and we re-connected on Facebook awhile back. Her family is very similar to mine and I love reading her stories! I'm also so lame because I've never posted a comment to let her know I've been reading...SURPRISE, Lisa! :)