Friday, April 18, 2008

Rockin' and Rollin'

At 4:30 this morning, the bed started shaking, the doors startled rattling and items started moving around.

We experienced our very first earthquake (those of you with minds in the gutter thought this was headed elsewhere, admit it!)

What an odd experience! I had a good friend in college who grew up in San Francisco and talked about what it was like to be in an earthquake. Never did I think we'd experience one in Southern Illinois!

Severe weather is forecast for later today...maybe we'll be back to normal with a few tornados...we do know how to deal with those! :)

Note to self...check on earthquake rider with the insurance company at the same time I up the limit for the sump pump rider!

3 comments:

2 China 4 Addison said...

Glad you're all ok. My sister also lives further south in IL (not as far as you I think), and felt it. We didn't feel it this far north!
Becki

Super Mommy said...

Whoa! I would have been totally freaked out too! Glad everyone is okay!!

Tammie said...

Uh. An earthquake? In Illinois? I didn't know they happened there. Did I miss something?