Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Conversations at the dinner table

Here's a sampling of the conversations at our dinner table tonight.

Well, beyond the usual moans and groans when I try a new recipe (chicken with oranges and almonds which ~I~ thought was yummy!).

On the "worst school lunch ever" topic:

Carson - The mushroom pizza is nasty. Almost as bad as Mom's mushroom pizza.

(In my defense, I don't LIKE mushrooms and have never, ever made a mushroom pizza!)

On sibling love:

Elise (while disolving into tears) - Carson is SMILING at me! (full blown crying spell by the end of the sentence)

Makes you really want to come eat dinner with us, doesn't it?!?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely! For the entertainment value at least :-)

Karen said...

Have you ever noticed it's usuall the small parts of the day-like dinner conversation tidbits that end up being the most memorable?!
Thanks for sharing this- it made me laugh!

Super Mommy said...

Never a dull moment eh? Sorry you got blamed for making bad mushroomm pizza ;0)

Vivian M said...

You would love our dinner conversations! Last night Kerri told us her tummy hurt because she had not "tarted" yet.

C's Mom said...

I find it all quite humorous :0)

Tammie said...

I absolutely adore mushrooms! Erin is even learning to either eat them or pick them off the pizza.

2 China 4 Addison said...

THat's hilarious about the mushroom pizza.
If it makes you feel any better, we have had to rearrange seats at our table because of the older two fighting.... :)