Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Conversations with Elise


Elise and I ran a few errands together this weekend. At one store, the salesclerk commented to me that Elise was pretty cute.


Elise's response: "Yes, I know that. People tell me that all the time." (eye roll and hip swing from the Princess herself)


I was mortified!!! Clearly we need to work on humility and graciously accepting compliments a bit more.



On a totally unrelated note: School starts a week from today (small woo-hoo from mom!). Still don't know who the teachers will be for next year. Rumor has it the district mailed the teacher letters today. It really isn't THAT big a deal, exept that Elise HATES change. If we knew her teacher and a friend or two who will be in her class, it might ease her anxiety a bit.

3 comments:

Tammie said...

I love Elise's honesty. She is cute. She knows it. People tell her all the time. Where'd she go wrong?

We find out this coming Friday morning who Erin's teacher will be & what supplies she will need for first grade. Nothing like waiting for the last minute.

Super Mommy said...

Hehehe! Elise IS cute!

Karen said...

...makes me think of those commercials "Don't hate me because I am beautiful"... and indeed, your Elise is beautiful!