Thursday, August 14, 2008

Teachers and running away!

Teachers!

We finally got our teacher letters! For 1st grade, Elise has a teacher that Carson had as a long term maternity sub and we just loved her. She was my top choice for a teacher for Elise, plus her name is REALLY easy to say...a big plus for Elise.

Carson has another male teacher for 4th. He had one in 1st grade and it made a huge difference. There aren't many male elementary teachers. His teacher is new to the district so we don't know much about him.

So, anxiety over teachers is lessened. Now, the kids are just wondering who else they'll know in their classes.

Running away!

No, not the kids, but me! I'm heading up for another quick trip to Chicago to visit with some college roommates. One of whom I haven't seen in 16 years! It'll be bittersweet, another good friend passed away last year and I'm sure we'll spend a lot of time remembering stories about the whole gang.

I don't know why I thought this would be a good weekend to get away, it's so crazy around here (both at home and work). But, I get to see some good friends, cuddle with my baby nephew again, and maybe...just maybe...visit IKEA on the way home!

1 comment:

Tammie said...

David & I both called in sick today so we can go with Erin to find out who her teachers will be. I hate that the schools make us wait so long. I feel the same frustration as you & Elise. Worse yet is that today is when we get the school supply list. It's not like we have anything else to do this weekend. Right?