Some random thoughts:
- I miss my kids when I'm away. Two days is about my max. I really missed them.
- My nephew (above) has beautiful eyes and an awesome smile (while I missed my kids, it was so fun seeing him).
- Even though our birth certificates say we are now 40, none of us FELT 40 (or even 30 for that matter!).
- The best of friends are the ones you can pick up with like it was yesterday, not years, since last being together.
- Don't ever give up on hearing from someone from your past. On Friday, we all talked about another good friend with whom we'd all lost contact. None of us had heard from her in 16 years. That night, she gets in touch with me via facebook. Freaky timing, but wonderful to hear from her (she always had a flair for the dramatic!)
- For being in college, we were pretty stupid at times!
- We sat around for a few hours at our friend's grave telling stories of our college years and laughing with his parents. It was a surprisingly good time. That's what I hope folks do when I'm gone.
- I was really fortunate to have the college experience I did...and I never really appreciated it at the time. So, THANKS, mom and dad, for making it happen.
- Thank God the big hair days are long gone.
- I really should have colored my roots before taking these pictures (and boy, do I need to lose those extra 15 pounds!)!
Today (me, Lorrie, Anita, Layne)