Saturday, December 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Eric!

Bear with me as I brag on my little brother...today is his birthday.


When I was 9 years old (just a month shy of turning 10), our big Christmas gift was a baby brother. He was born on December 20 and arrived home on December 24. My sister and I had prayed and prayed for a baby brother...my parents were SHOCKED when our prayers were answered! :)
We jokingly refer to my brother as the Golden Child. He was the first boy born to my parents and the first grandson for my grandparents. With two much older sisters, there was no doubt he was spoiled beyond belief!

And he did turn out to be a pretty terrific kid. In many ways he grew up as an only child since Kristin and I had both left for college by the time he was 10 and both married the year he turned 14.
Always a serious athlete, I've lost track of how many times he's run the Chicago Marathon. He pushes his body to do things most normal people would think nuts. And he encourages high school kids to do the same.

And he married the most amazing woman! Eric, TAKE GOOD CARE OF MERRY, she's the best thing that could have ever happened to you!!! Seriously! :) Get a sitter and treat her to a night on the town!!!

While he can be very serious...he's a science teacher after all...he is still a big kid at heart and the kids all look forward to Uncle Eric's visits.

And you are a great Dad. I'm so going to miss you guys at Christmas. Isaiah is at a great age to enjoy Christmas! And to hold that sweet sleeping Peter just melts away the worries of the world!

Happy Birthday, Eric!
.
And I'll take pleasure in the fact that you now officially have more grey hair than me.
.
And I'll confess that I don't get ANY of your science jokes. Probably never will, either! But I'll still laugh at the fact that you find them so funny! :)

2 comments:

Tammie said...

Happy Birthday to you Eric!

Vivian M said...

Happy birthday Eric!