Since there's not much going on, here a few snippets of our life:
- My sister called to tell me I really needed to buy my son some new pants. Sigh...I was hoping no one else had noticed he'd already outgrown the jeans I bought for him in September! I bought him 14 slim, with the adjustable waist cinched up as much as possible, and he's already shot through those. Added to my to-do list (which I'm trying to avoid in my lazy haze!) is picking up some size 16 jeans for my son.
- Elise has been going back and forth with some little girls from school. As we drove one little girl home last night, I was admiring her neighborhood...older homes with tons of character that I find so appealing. As we pulled up to her friend's house, I said, "Your house is so beautiful, I love it!" Elise then pipes in with, "Yeah, I like it too....well, just kinda." Fortunately, her friend thought the fact that Elise added the "well, just KINDA" was pretty funny. She can be honest to a fault! :) We learned that this little friend goes to our church, just a different service than we normally attend. I'm so thankful that she is developing some great friendships.
- I have the world's best hubby. We had planned on re-doing the kids' bathroom over break (nothing fancy, need to repair some water damage and want to replace the flooring....which will also lead to updating a few fixtures.) Somehow he's pulled a muscle in his back. If it were me, I'd be milking it for all it's worth! But, he just keeps moving forward...albeit a bit more slowly...on the bathroom. He just cannot stand to be bored. I'm sure it has NOTHING to do with my brother-in-law deciding to upgrade their bathroom...there's not a lick of competition between them!
- My cleaning lady is coming tomorrow and I'm half tempted to cancel. Why? I'm too lazy to straighten up my house so she can actually clean it! I keep reminding myself that I'll regret it by the weekend and that ~I~ would have to actually clean it myself (and I'd still have to pay her so I wouldn't save any money!) See, I told you this has been a lazy break.
- My son spent 15 minutes on his hair this morning (mind you, a comb has probably not touched his locks in the past 15 days!). He then proceeded to wear a shirt 3 sizes too small. (He was going to my sister's house, hence the phone call to buy my kid some presentable jeans...clearly she missed the shirt!)
- I have five more days of laziness before pulling my act together again for work.
Hope everyone else is having a relaxing break. Ingrained in this laziness is lots of family time and I'm really enjoying that.