Monday, February 4, 2008

Meal Plan Mondays

One of the sites I like to visit does Meal Plan Mondays. Because I work full time outside of the home, time is precious when we all get home in the evening. I find having meals planned out (and better...taking advantage of the crock pot) works great for us.

I'm also always on the hunt for new recipes to try! My husband likes meat meals, I don't. The kids are kinda picky but I'm always surprised by what they will try and eventually like. I'm always looking for meals that are nutritionally balanced and won't pack the pounds on me. Hubby also works crazy hours this time of year, so I like to make big meals that will provide him with leftovers. He often isn't home for dinner, but at least he can enjoy it at lunch the next day. We have very few meals that is a "thumbs-up" for every member of the family. :(

If anyone has any recipes or meal ideas they'd like to share, I'd love to hear them!

So, here's what's for dinner this week:

Monday - Pork Loin in crockpot

Tuesday - Pancakes (dad isn't home and sometimes you just need comfort food!)

Wednesday - Spaghetti

Thursday - Dilled Shrimp with Farfelle

Friday - Buffet night (i.e. clean out the fridge!)

Disclaimer...I make no claim that any of these recipes are ones I've come up with on my own! I'll try to give credit where credit is due, but NEVER assume they are "my own" creations! :)

1 comment:

Tammie said...

Gretchen you are a better person than I am. You actually cook! I cook - under EXTREME duress. During the first years of our marriage David complained about everything I cooked. Mind you, I'm a good cook, but I don't cook HIS way. After 6 months of him complaining every day, I gave him the keys to the stove & told him I was done. 20 years later he regrets those comments & wants me to start cooking again. Not gonna happen.

Anyway, one of my favorite blogs is Kaffee Klatsch. My friend Magi is part of a blog group, & each Friday they do a whole recipe thing called "Favorite Ingredient Friday." Check it out!